What conditions must be met to obtain an A1 certificate?

In order for a person who is a third-country national to be able to obtain an A1 certificate, this person should:

  • Possess one of the following documents entitling her to stay in Poland: – long-term resident’s EU residence permit, – permanent residence permit, – temporary residence and work permit, – Schengen visa or national visa issued for the purpose of work.
  • To be a tax resident in Poland (have a tax residence certificate). Both of the above conditions are necessary for the issuance of a certificate by all ZUS branches.

What should be added to the application? In order to obtain an A1 certificate, a third-country national must attach to the application a completed form, a certificate of residence “Certificate of residence for tax purposes” issued by the tax authority.